Add to PDF BrochureView PDF BrochureBookmark PagePrint PageA A A

Our History

2012 - Laytons converted traditional partnership to a limited liability partnership, Laytons Solicitors LLP

2011 - London office moved from Carmelite to 2 More London Riverside

2005 - Bristol office sold

2001 - Lochners Technology Solicitors joined Laytons

2001 - Surrey office moved from Hampton Court to Guildford

1994 - London office moved to Carmelite

1993 - Demerged from Ingham, Clegg & Crowther

1987 - Opened Manchester Office

1980 - Extended to 16 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London

1978 - Opened Bristol Office

1972 - Opened Hampton Court Office

1970 - Merged with Ingham, Clegg & Crowther

1968 - Demerged as Laytons

1964 - Merged as Wright Bull & Laytons

1947 - Moved to 21 Old Buildings, Lincoln’s Inn, London

1941 - Offices blitzed and moved to Kensington; blitzed again and moved to 22 Chancery Lane, London

1875 - Edward John Layton founded Laytons at 29 Budge Row, near the Bank of England in London