Areas of Expertise
Employment - Mergers and Acquisitions
Our employment lawyers are extremely familiar with the TUPE issues arising from a variety of corporate commercial transactions including asset sales or purchases, joint ventures and outsourcing. This frequently includes providing advice in relation to:
• acquisition due diligence: reviewing contracts, employment conditions, policies and procedures, recent terminations
• identifying matters for attention prior to acquisition
• TUPE, its requirements and restrictions
• preparing employee information, consultation procedures and announcements
• drafting and negotiating relevant warranties, indemnities and related protective limitations.
Recent instructions include:
• Advising on TUPE in relation to a change of service provider where the place of work was transferred from the south coast of England to Northern Ireland, including drafting letters to affected employees and advising on warranties and indemnities.
• Advising the consequences of a TUPE transfer on an employee presently enjoying a permanent health benefit by virtue of his membership of the company pension scheme.
• Advising a firm of solicitors on the TUPE issues arising out of their acquisition of the criminal department of a neighbouring firm.