Alexandra brings with her a wealth of experience in wills, trusts, probate, powers of attorney, Court of Protection applications, and contentious probate and acts for a wide range of clients.
With 12 years' experience and having graduated from university in Newcastle upon Tyne, Alexandra has worked for several years within her native north east and London for Legal 500 firms.
STEP qualified, Alexandra has hosted and presented at a number of seminars and events, including London Olympia, highlighting hot topics in the world of private client.
Alexandra’s expertise includes:
- advising on, and drafting of simple and complex wills
- advising on, and drafting, cross-jurisdictional wills
- advising on domicile and inheritance tax including lifetime planning
- advising on, and drafting, new trust settlements and dealing with the administration of the trust going forward, dealing with settlors, trustees, and beneficiaries
- advising executors and administrators on all aspects of estate administration including obtaining the grant of representation
- advising on, and drafting, powers of attorney including general powers of attorney, and lasting powers of attorney
- applications to the Court of Protection in relation to the appointment of deputies
- contentious probate
Alexandra’s recent work includes:
- advising on and drafting wills to cover the EU Succession Regulation (Brussels IV)
- advising clients on the protection of assets upon remarriage
- advising executors in the successful claim of property in a deceased’s estate which had been taken unlawfully by a beneficiary
- advising trustees on the ending of a 50-year trust as to the capital gains tax and inheritance tax consequences of reaching the end date and implementing structures in the most efficient way to save tax