Barney is a partner in the Commercial Services team and has over 20 years' of experience from working for the domestic and European Government and domestic and international banks to working directly for owner managed businesses in the United Kingdom.
His work includes:
- Corporate finance: asset finance, acquisition finance and equity participation/investment (working both for the investing fund and the investee company) and general banking securitisation.
- Transactional work: acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, management buyin/buyout.
- Corporate governance: company secretarial, private client Companies Act compliance, company structuring and development.
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
Barney has vast experience in many different sectors including ecommerce/online trading.
Notable recent work includes:
- acquisition of global retail brand from listed vendor
- shareholder dispute relating to large family owned and controlled private limited company
- sale of one of Europe’s leading internet retail children’s party goods supplier to a national US company
- purchase of an Irish environmental emissions testing business
- adviser to the North West Fund, the largest European Investment Bank fund in the North West
- shareholder dispute relating to a BVI group of companies (including Hong Kong and European companies)
- shareholder dispute relating to a freight forwarding group of companies with international subsidiaries
- sale of a nuclear and asbestos testing business to a listed purchaser
- sale of an international textile software business to a listed purchaser
- acquisition of flooring companies for a client as part of a “buy and build” strategy
- sale of a recycling organisation to a Dutch Investment Fund
- partnership dispute relating to a nationally renowned family owned wine retailer and wholesale partnership