Chris is a consultant in the International Team. He has 30 years' legal and commercial experience with a focus on corporate, finance, investment funds and private equity. He has worked with clients ranging from international corporate groups and global fund managers to family offices, high net worth persons and emerging managers.
Chris was formerly a Partner in the Corporate Department, Head of the Funds Group and Co-Head of the Private Equity Group with Baker & McKenzie in Hong Kong. He has lived and worked in Edinburgh, London, Hong Kong, Bermuda and the USA.
- managing a complex work-out of a distressed fund with a litigation financing strategy
- managing a fund manager platform for emerging managers providing a cost-effective, turn-key solution for launching funds
- advising fund managers on fund launches, fund restructurings and regulatory and compliance matters
- managing a funds group with US$500 million assets under management
- advising on various investments by private equity funds and family offices in technology and other investments
- advising on various public company takeovers and private company mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, restructurings and securities offerings
Chris is a non-practising solicitor.