David is an Associate in the Real Estate and Land Development teams and is based in Laytons’ Guildford office.
He joined upon qualification as a solicitor in 1998 and has, from that time, worked in the Land Development team, regularly acting for a number of national, London-based and local homebuilders.
David’s work primarily centres on:
- land development: the drafting of estate development documentation in preparation for disposals
- infrastructure: dealing with infrastructure agreements, easements, transfers, leases and wayleaves in connection with services, utilities, highways and drainage encountered on development sites
- s.106 disposals: transfers and leases of land on behalf of developers pursuant to their obligations contained in agreements made under section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- management companies: disposals of communal lands and amenity areas to management companies
- freehold reversions: the disposal of freehold reversionary interests in leasehold developments to qualifying tenants or investors including, where necessary, the preparation and service of the appropriate statutory notices