Esther is a Partner in the Commercial and Corporate team, specialising in all aspects of IP, with particular emphasis on brand protection and exploitation, patent licensing, IT contracts and advising on broad based commercial IP issues.
She holds a Master's degree in Electronic & Electrical Engineering with Management and she is a member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (MIET).
Esther grew up in Hong Kong and she speaks fluent Cantonese and some Mandarin. She is also a member of the HK-UK Business Forum.
- advising on technology protection and managing international brand portfolios including devising strategies for a diverse range of international clients, including a prestigious bicycle company, an exclusive Swiss-based ski resort, an award winning e-learning provider and a number of software companies.
- preparing and negotiating licence agreements spanning different types of IP, including international product design licensing, research and collaboration agreements, and complex patent licences, involving private and public sector organisations in the biotech, medical technology and hi-tech instrumentation fields
- advising clients at different levels of the supply chain in a plethora of software licenses, from bespoke traditional or agile software development and maintenance contracts to SaaS agreements and website-related agreements, in a number of different industries including financial, construction, entertainment, trade association and high tech
- advising spin-out companies in securing appropriate IP rights from the parent organisations
- IP protection advice for major medical imaging equipment OEM regarding misuse of proprietary IP and brand name and unauthorised equipment servicing, and equipment maintenance terms and conditions