Gareth advises on structures to potentially hold, protect and pass on the wealth of his clients to minimise the tax and maximise the protection against non-tax threats, for example, remarriage of the survivor, divorce of beneficiaries, family disputes and financially vulnerable or immature heirs.
Gareth has over 15 years' of experience and acts for high-net-worth UK domiciled and non-UK domiciled clients on a wide range of estate planning and tax matters.
Gareth’s expertise includes:
- the preparation and drafting of simple and complex wills
- advising on a single jurisdictional will to complicated arrangements covering issues such as domicile, inheritance tax planning, estate planning to include foreign assets and trusts
- advising on structures to minimise inheritance tax and capital gains tax
- advise settlors and trustees on the creation and administration of trusts
- advising Executors and Administrators on probate matters and the administration of estates
- the preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney for both property and financial affairs and health and welfare matters
- applications to the Court of Protection for the appointment of deputies for financial matters and personal welfare matters
- drafting of declarations of trust for property matters
- dealing with probate: estate administration and variation of wills
- lifetime tax planning
- acting as Executor and Trustee
- the preparation of US wills
Gareth’s recent work includes:
- advising and implementing practical estate plans to minimise inheritance tax and preserve wealth for individuals, couples and families. Ensuring that their wealth is preserved to support the surviving and successive generations.
- advising clients owning and acquiring properties on opportunities to save tax and protect the value
- advising high-net-worth clients on creating family investment vehicles, ensuring they will pass under suitably drafted wills and combining this planning with appropriate trusts for life policies and pensions
- providing sensitive, practical and tax-efficient estate planning to families where there are children or other heirs from more than one marriage or prior relationship