John qualified in 1986 and has spent the major part of his career with City firms. He joined Laytons as a Partner in 1998. His work centres on:
- acquisition and management of investment properties
- acting for developers and investors in relation to commercial and residential development projects
- property finance/secured lending
- landlord and tenant (commercial and residential)
- mainstream commercial property acquisitions and disposals
He has acted for various banks in relation to the funding of commercial and residential developments and investment property (the latter frequently with an off-shore borrower). John has much experience in landlord and tenant matters, ranging from high-value lettings and restructuring to helping start-up businesses.