Michael joined the London office as a trainee solicitor in 2015, and qualified into the Corporate and Commercial team in September 2017 as a corporate solicitor.
He has experience of a range of corporate matters, including:
- mergers and acquisitions
- corporate finance
- company law and secretarial matters
- corporate restructuring
Some examples of his recent work include:
- acting for a global mobile software, technology and financing group on a series of acquisitions (with a total enterprise value of £21m) and subsequent group restructuring
- acting on the disposal of Remote Diagnostic Technologies Limited, a UK-based medtech company, to Royal Philips
- acting on the £62m disposal of a manufacturing company to a private equity fund
- assisting on a reverse takeover under the AIM rules, and on a subsequent raising of £20m
- advising a management team on their exit from a cloud contact centre solutions business and their investment into a company backed by a major private equity organisation
- providing support and due diligence services for a French company (with a €6bn annual turnover) on its purchase of a multinational wine wholesaler in a multi-jurisdiction transaction
- providing corporate and company secretarial support to an international chain of restaurants and to a well-known furniture manufacturer.
Michael studied Law at the University of Exeter, and completed the Legal Practice Course at BPP, London.