Michael joined the London office as a trainee solicitor in 2015, and qualified into the Corporate and Commercial Group in September 2017.
He has experience of a range of corporate and commercial matters, including:
- mergers and acquisitions;
- corporate finance;
- company law and secretarial matters; and
- commercial agreements.
Some examples of his recent work include:
- acting in the £62m disposal of a manufacturing company to a private equity fund
- working on a reverse takeover under the AIM rules, and on a subsequent raising of £20m
- advising a management team on their exit from a business and their investment into a company backed by a major private equity organisation
- providing support and due diligence services for the French purchaser of a multinational wine wholesaler in a multi-jurisdiction transaction
- giving corporate and company secretarial support to a well-known international chain of restaurants
Michael studied Law at the University of Exeter, and completed the Legal Practice Course at BPP, London.