Simon joined Laytons in May 2016 as a Partner in the Commercial and Corporate team, having jointly owned a boutique commercial practice before then. He has a wide range of commercial experience, gained both in-house and in private practice, and has a particular specialism in media, communications and technology companies of all sizes. He works with large and established organisations, and also with small, owner-managed businesses looking to move on to a sounder footing.
- drafting bespoke commercial agreements for the supply of both services and goods
- creating master service agreements for an organisation with several EMEA entities, and working with local lawyers to adapt them to each country’s legal framework
- advising on many business acquisitions and sales for companies in a number of industries. Work has included advice in the very early stages, drafting the sale and purchase agreement, and all the way to completion matters
- drafting shareholders’ agreements for companies seeking to manage the relationships between their members by dealing with issues such as sale, departure and decision-making
- drafting shareholders' agreements for businesses in many industries
- advising on shareholder and partner disputes