Tim is an Associate Partner in our Trusts, Estates and Private Client team, specialising in a broad range of private client and charity law.
His expertise includes:
- advising on and drafting simple and complex wills
- advising on domicile and inheritance tax including lifetime planning
- drafting new trust settlements and advising trustees on the administration and tax affairs of trusts
- advising executors and administrators on the administration and tax affairs of estates
- advising on and drafting general powers of attorney and lasting powers of attorney
- applications to the Court of Protection for the appointment of deputies
- advising charities on a broad range of governance issues
- acting for overseas law firms whose clients have a need for UK private client legal advice
Tim contributes articles to the Trusts and Estates Law and Tax Journal and is a co-author of Tolley’s Administration of Estates.
He is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and the Charity Law Association. He is also a member of the Anglo-Portuguese Society, The Portuguese Chamber of Commerce in the UK and the Royal British Club in Lisbon.