Victoria is an Associate Partner advising clients across the full spectrum of contentious and non-contentious family/matrimonial issues including matters relating to children.
Victoria’s Family Law practice includes;
- drafting and advising in respect of pre and post nuptial agreements to record the terms agreed by the parties prior to the marriage relating to their financial obligations and commitments to one another in the event of future relationship breakdown
- divorce and civil partnership dissolution
- separation agreements which can be entered into by married parties post separation but prior to divorce proceedings - setting out current and future financial arrangements and obligations
- financial remedies upon divorce/dissolution which encompasses the division of assets such as the marital home, additional properties, overseas assets, business interests and pensions together with issues relating to ongoing financial commitments such as spousal maintenance, payment of school fees etc.
- making arrangements in respect of children including where and with whom they are to live, with whom they are to spend time, where and how often
- Specific Issue applications in respect of children where there is a dispute relating to changing a child’s surname, religious practice, schooling and/or medical treatment
- internal and international re-location including applications to the court for permission to permanently remove a child from the jurisdiction
- financial provision for children including issues relating to child maintenance and/or applications pursuant to Schedule 1 Children Act 1989
- issues relating to co-habiting couples including drafting co-habitation agreements to set out legal obligations in the event of a future separation and assisting with the division of assets and/or property disputes in the event of relationship breakdown
Victoria’s recent work includes:
- successfully opposing an application in the High Court to permanently remove a nine year old boy from the jurisdiction to Jamaica
- successfully reducing spousal maintenance substantially upon an application to vary the terms of a financial order
- reviewing a pre-nuptial agreement for a well-known comedian
- negotiating a financial settlement for a city lawyer with substantial assets and a complex remuneration package both in the UK and overseas
Victoria joined the firm in June 2015 having previously worked for two other firms in Greater London. Victoria started her career as a trainee solicitor at a specialist family law practice and it was during her time at this firm that she developed a comprehensive knowledge of the practice area. Victoria was promoted to Associate Partner in January 2017.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7842 8000
DDI: +44 (0)20 7842 8050