Navdip is an enthusiastic and driven solicitor and has gained a wide range of experience as a result of significant ‘hands on’ contact with clients from the outset of her career, with the ability to handle matters sensitively.
From the outset, Navdip makes every effort to keep the channels of communication between parties open to identify and narrow the issues, progress negotiations and to resolve matters as amicably and swiftly as possible thereby avoiding the need for a contested court hearing and the associated cost and emotional strain that this frequently entails. This approach has resulted in most of her cases reaching agreement without the need for a contested hearing. Notwithstanding this, a tough approach is taken when required and she is a match for all competitors in litigation should the need arise.
Navdip regularly holds a range of talks and seminars in all areas of family law.
+ Work undertaken
Navdip advises and assists clients across the full spectrum of contentious and non-contentious family/matrimonial issues including:
- divorce and civil partnership dissolution
- advising on complex financial settlements upon relationship breakdown
- Navdip provides clients with comprehensive advice in relation to arrangements for children and is expert in drafting pre/post marital, co-habitation and separation agreements – with client interests remaining at the forefront.
- Navdip has significant experience and has a keen interest in cases involving cross-jurisdictional and international disputes within financial remedy proceedings. She has been successful in internal and external relocation Children Act applications as well as acrimonious contact and residence disputes, having represented a number of clients from Europe and the South Asian continent.
+ Recent work includes:
- representing a wife in a complex high-net-worth financial remedy case, whereupon Queen’s Counsel was instructed, involving inter alia, intervenors, off-shore accounts and business assets, non-disclosure by husband, and obtained a favourable settlement on behalf of the client
- representing a father in a successful application to prevent a child from permanently being removed to India, the proceedings of which were heavily contested
- obtaining a declaration on behalf of my clients’ who were joint intervenors in a Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 (TOLATA) application and successfully securing their interest in two properties within the wider financial remedy proceedings as a third party
- preparing, drafting and negotiating a post-nuptial agreement between parties who have assets in the US and UK where the parties were nationals
- successful in opposing an appeal made by a father to an internal relocation application involving a child with disabilities and suffering from autism. The client was awarded a ‘sole-residence’ order in her favour despite the de facto care of the child being shared equally between the parents.
+ Professional Memberships and Languages
- Navdip is fluent in Punjabi and Hindi, and can advise and negotiate in both languages.
- She is a member of Resolution - a specialist organisation of family lawyers who are committed to resolving family disputes in a constructive way. As a member, Navdip follows the Resolution’s Code of Practice which promotes a non-confrontational and conciliatory approach to family problems.
Navdip studied law at Queen Mary’s, University of London graduating in 2007 before taking the LPC at the College of Law in Bloomsbury. Navdip completed her training contract at a specialist family law practice before qualifying in 2012. She was promoted to Associate Partner in 2016.
“Going through a divorce was easily one of the most difficult times in my life. Even the thought of talking openly about everything going on in my life at that time was difficult but Mrs Dhariwal was very reassuring and gave me a lot of confidence. She gave me the positivity I really needed to get through the ordeal. I would definitely recommend her to anyone finding themselves needing help and advise if their marriage breaks down.”
Tel: +44 (0)20 7842 8000