Ben is a Solicitor-Advocate, in the dispute resolution team, which enables him to represent clients in civil court hearings throughout England and Wales. His practice has a particular focus on commercial and corporate disputes, both domestic and overseas.
He works closely with his clients to assess and resolve their disputes, whether through court proceedings, arbitration, mediation or negotiated settlement, and has considerable experience in handling:
- commercial litigation and contractual disputes
- partnership, LLP and shareholders’ disputes
- professional negligence claims
- corporate insolvency matters
His notable recent work includes:
- obtaining an urgent without notice injunction to restrain minority shareholders from intermeddling with the business and affairs of company
- obtaining summary judgment in the High Court, which was upheld on appeal, in respect of the unlawful expulsion of members’ from a limited liability partnership
- acting for respondent in a claim for breach of contract and conspiracy, which included a without notice application for a search and seizure order
- successfully opposing an appeal to the Court of Appeal, arising from a high value commercial dispute
- successfully opposed an application by the company for an injunction restraining advertisement of a winding up petition and the pursued the winding up petition at various hearings culminating in a winding up order being made at the conclusion of a full-day contested hearing.
Ben was admitted as a Solicitor-Advocate in January 2015. He completed his law degree at the University of Northumbria, Newcastle, where he achieved a first-class degree and was awarded the Linda Sykes Memorial Prize for the Best Graduating Student.