Disputes | International Disputes
A large part of the work we do is international in nature. Cross-border disputes raise a number of specialist issues on which we are well qualified to advise, including:
- questions of jurisdiction (in which country or countries can your claim be brought?)
- questions of forum shopping (in which country would it be most advantageous for it to be brought?)
- applicable law
We frequently advise on asset-freezing injunctions, tracing and trust claims.
Our team includes fluent French, German, Italian and Korean speakers, which enhances our ability to operate across borders on your behalf. We are also part of a network of trusted associated law firms from countries around the world. Where necessary, this enables us to take action against overseas parties in their own jurisdictions. We also act against UK parties on behalf of overseas clients on the same basis.
+ Notable work
- acting for Swiss clients of a collapsed Scottish broker bringing claims for dishonest assistance against an English CFD provider
- acting for a Danish bank in a claim against an individual resident in England
- acting for Panamanian ship owners in a number of substantial international arbitrations (including advising on a bilateral investment treaty claim)
- acting for an Italian manufacturer in the defence of a product liability claim