Real Estate | Residential Property
Our Residential Property team advises both UK and overseas clients on all aspects of residential property in the UK. Our clients include private individuals, corporates, property investment companies and funds (both within the UK and offshore), trusts, charities and management companies.
In addition to our technical expertise, our clients benefit from our lawyers’ in-depth knowledge of the market and their willingness to pursue practical solutions to complex problems. We understand that transactions are often time-critical and, via our bespoke service, we are proactive in meeting our clients’ goals. Our clients rely on not only our legal expertise but also our tactical and strategic advice in securing opportunities and completing transactions.
Our lawyers offer a professional, responsive service and will frequently work with other members of our clients’ professional team (including surveyors, architects, designers, planning consultants and agents) to deliver our clients’ objectives.
Our lawyers have an in depth understanding of the UK residential market, with particular knowledge of the prime and super-prime sectors in London. Our areas of expertise include:
- acquisition, financing and disposal of residential property
- letting of residential property
- lease extension and collective enfranchisement
- transfers of equity
- auction purchases
- appointment of contractors and the management of development/refurbishment projects
- tax structuring of UK property ownership
- SDLT, ATED and other property taxation
- property litigation and dispute resolution
The Residential Property team works in conjunction with the Tax and Private Client teams to provide advice in relation to estate planning and succession issues, and with the Construction team in relation to planning, development and refurbishment issues.
- acting for overseas investors on the bulk acquisition of central London apartments
- advising in relation to the re-structuring of a residential investment portfolio
- acting for high-net-worth individuals in the acquisition and disposal of their homes and investment properties