Real Estate | New Homes
We act in conjunction with our other specialist property teams to deliver a unique tailored service for our clients, who include large stock-exchange listed companies, national housebuilders and boutique developers. All enjoy a bespoke personalised service from the initial site set up to eventual plot sale. Clients benefit from direct and ready access to our lawyers, paralegals and support staff who all have a wealth of experience in achieving smooth and efficient transactions.
The team has a comprehensive understanding of a variety of projects including mixed use developments, help-to-buy government backed schemes and administration of management companies. To complement the plot sales function, and to stay at the forefront of the ever changing trends in the housebuilding industry, the team is also fully set up to deal with part exchanges and resales as an integrated sales process.
Our bespoke IT system offers clients and their site teams real time updates on the progress of each and every sale and allows customised reporting throughout the transactions depending on the needs of each client. All transactions are fully supported by a dedicated accounting team and our friendly, approachable staff are always willing to go above and beyond to exceed client expectations.
In addition to acting for developer clients, our New Homes team also has the expertise to assist with individual property purchases. The team is currently one of the recommended solicitors acting on the prestigious Battersea Power Station development and is experienced in handling bulk and complex completions for clients including corporate investors and high net worth individuals from the UK and abroad.
Estate Documentation & Plot Sales
Sales are the lifeblood of a house-builder. Speed of response to reservations and problems during the sales process is vital. Our Plot Sales team work as partners with our clients, not just as a service provider.
- we work closely with sales teams, sharing knowledge and experience as well as providing specific plot-sales services
- we are always aware of clients' needs to maximise sales and cash-flow within tight timescales
- where innovation is needed, we will liaise with your marketing team to help improve sales and protect your own reputation
- we are positive and practical, unifying our various specialist skills and years of experience in the residential development industry to provide effective advice
In-depth Industry Knowledge
We have immense specialist experience in the house-building and land development sector, acting for national house-builders, local developers, landowners, and consortia of developers. We have been offering a plot-sales service for over thirty years. We understand the challenges and issues faced by house-builders and have observed first-hand the ways in which the industry is changing.
During the last fifteen years we have completed plot sales for over twenty-five developers. These cover a considerable range of sizes, tenures and management regimes, from single plots to complicated mixed-freehold and leasehold schemes of several hundred units with different service charge funds for different elements of the services provided and different sectors on the site.
We have handled plot sales on sites held by our clients under a number of different legal structures. We deal with a number of sites where the land ownership is held by a joint venture company owned by our primary client in conjunction with another party. We have also dealt with sites held on English Partnership/HCA building leases, and sites held on building licences pursuant to deferred-completion arrangements, including a number of transactions where our client held land under a building agreement from a property company owned by a major utility company.
Current and past projects on which we have worked include the following:
- a phased mixed-freehold and leasehold development of 500+ units for a major national house-builder in conjunction with the Homes and Communities Agency
- a phased mixed-freehold and leasehold development of 500+ units for two divisions of a major national house-builder
- a number of residential and mixed residential and commercial developments in central London for various national house-builders, with unit numbers varying from 100 to 400+, some delivered in phases over several years
- sales in the residential sector (200+ units) of a mixed-use regeneration project in a major maritime location in southern England, including liaison with the project lawyers appointed in connection with the whole scheme in order to ensure co-ordination between the commercial and residential sectors
- site set-up and plot sales on the residential sector (180+ units) of a mixed-use residential and retail development in London for a major retailer, including liaison with the Project Lawyers appointed in connection with the whole scheme, in order to ensure co-ordination between the retail and residential sectors