Real Estate | Secured Lending
We have experience of a wide range of incentive schemes including the following:
part exchange and chain breaker
schemes that enable the buyer to take a lease initially and buy the freehold later
equity share loans
HCA HomeBuy direct
HCA Help to Buy
We are used to dealing with different clients’ requirements in relation to such schemes, including checking documentation prior to issue of contracts, ensuring procedures and undertakings are complied with, and collating all stipulated documentation post-completion.
We also deal with a considerable number of freehold reversion sales of completed leasehold developments for our housebuilder clients, including advance sales with inbuilt retained development rights.
We negotiate and agree management agreements with professional management companies, and advance options to management companies to be owned and controlled by purchasers or leaseholders.
We deal with a wide range of adoption and infrastructure agreements, including agreements under the Highways Act 1980 and Water Industries Act 1991, easements and agreements with supply companies for bulk supplies at discounted rates.
Our Real Estate Finance team is focused on the funding of real estate assets in all sectors. We act for banks, funds, investors, developers and borrowers in funding solutions ranging from the routine to the highly complex. We work closely with colleagues in complementary practice groups, including Construction, Tax and Insolvency, to provide seamless, value-added advice, and the highest levels of service to our clients.
- advising a European bank in connection with a development loan for a complex mixed-use London development
- efficient funding on the purchase of a prime central London property
- advising a developer on the purchase and funding of a phased development site against the background of numerous competing claims from secured and unsecured creditors
- acting for liquidators in the realisation and work-out of a fund with numerous mezzanine loans to UK developers
- advising an overseas bank on the processes and regulatory issues relating to the launch of new loan products being made overseas to its customers who wish to acquire property in the English market place, which has included creation of its lending and security documentation and assisting in an advisory capacity with the creation of loan documentation in the local jurisdiction