IP & Technology | Patents & Know How
In this increasingly competitive world, businesses strive to maximise their opportunities and their competitive advantage, whether it relates to a new product or process, or a clever, ingenious way to do business.
Our experience and understanding of businesses enable us to get straight to the heart of the objective of our clients - whether it is with strategic advice, taking steps to secure protection for patents and trade secrets or aiming for "first-mover" advantage, and whether it is to pursue infringers or to defend infringement allegations.
- R&D and collaboration
- technology transfer and licensing
- patent and know-how infringement, enforcement and defence
- IP audits
- strategic IP advice, patentability
- infringement and validity opinions
Our work includes:
- patentability advice for a wide range of clients from start-ups to mature business and from electrical equipment to medical devices and block-chain-enabled technologies
- in- and out-patent licensing and option agreements relating to a biotech company with private and public bodies
- patent cross-licence and supply agreements involving international banks relating to security features for use in bank notes across the EU
- enforcing and coordinating a multi-jurisdiction patent infringement action relating to semiconductor technology
- defending patent infringement allegations relating to vehicle hire schemes and food technology, including negotiating complex settlement agreements