Miriam is a Registered European Lawyer who works closely with both our Disputes and Real Estate teams. A qualified Italian lawyer, Miriam works particularly with Italian clients or those with interests in Italy.
Fluent in Italian, Miriam qualified as an Avvocato in Italy in 2005 and has worked in Italy first as a trainee and then as an associate since 2001. In 2010, Miriam worked in the Italian office of a German law firm until 2016 as a Senior Associate.
Miriam’s recent work includes:
- applying for lease extension and liaising with landlord’s office
- advising clients on Financial Compensation Claim (FSCS).
- preparing company documents to remove a director – including notice convening the Extraordinary General Meeting, Appointments of Proxies, Power of Attorney, minutes of the Extraordinary General Meeting and liaising with the client and Companies House
- advising on a breach of contract and misappropriation of corporate information case
Miriam’s Italian experience includes:
- working in compliance department and being member of many Supervisory Bodies (Organismi di Vigilanza) also for listed companies, preparing Organizational Models under the Italian Legislative Decree 231/01 and Code of Ethics, and being speaker in many conferences on the Criminal Liability of Companies (Italian Legislative Decree 231/01), organised by Confindustra (the General Confederation of Italian Industry) and training clients’ employees on this matter.