Victoria is a Partner in the Employment team where she handles contentious and non-contentious matters for clients which include SMEs, large corporates and individuals.
Victoria’s Employment practice includes:
- bringing and defending claims in the Employment Tribunal for unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal, breach of contract, harassment, unlawful deduction from wages, making a protected disclosure and discrimination on the grounds of protected characteristics
- advising on procedures in the form of grievance, disciplinary, performance management, mediation, redundancy consultation, change of contract consultation, enforcing restrictive covenants, adjustments for disabled employees and flexible working
- drafting contracts, directors’ service agreements, restrictive covenants, policies, employment handbooks, bonus/commission agreements, retention policies, settlement agreements and consultancy agreements
- training employer clients on employment law matters, writing Employment update articles, giving Employment law presentations at the firm, at accountants’ practices and for third parties including at The House of Lords in 2012 at a Senate Meeting for the Genesis Initiative
Victoria’s recent work:
- Advising an employer on suspending, disciplining and dismissing four employees who were discovered to have stolen employer information and were setting up in competition. No claims were brought against the employer following the four dismissals.
- An eight-day Tribunal hearing acting for an employer successfully defending a claim for unfair dismissal, breach of contract and five grounds of discrimination as well as having an award made against the employee for an employer’s contract claim brought in the same proceedings.
- Assisting a senior City employee with a mediation hearing and negotiated exit following a grievance and disciplinary matter.
Victoria’s Spanish experience includes:
- fluent in Spanish
- acting for Spanish-speaking clients (companies and individuals) in English employment law matters.
- acting for a Spanish speaking South American Embassy and successfully defending a claim brought by an employee against the Embassy in the Central London Employment Tribunal
- working in a law firm in Madrid in 2004/2005
Victoria joined as a trainee in 2005 before qualifying in 2007. She was promoted to Partner in 2014.