John has a wealth of experience in advising a range of companies and senior management operating in various industries, and specialises in:
- mergers and acquisitions
- commercial agreements
- joint ventures and partnerships including LLP/LLC conversion
- all aspects of venture capital and private equity investment
- corporate governance and risk assessment
- share incentive schemes and remuneration structures
- employment and regulatory advice
- public sector and procurement
John is Chairman of Laytons, and works within its Commercial and Corporate, Banking and Finance, Tax and Employment law groups.
John was seconded for some years as company secretary and main board director of a FTSE 350 public company, and has extensiveexperience of the utility service industry, public/private partnerships andoutsourcing contracts. He has also been both an executive and subsequently non-executive director involved in the supervision and management of venture capital funds.
He has a particular interest in employment issues in an industrial context, in which he holds a First Class Master’s Degree.