Banking & Finance | Corporate Finance
We act for the acquisition finance teams of major UK and international banks, venture capital houses, funds and management teams. We understand the structures necessary to manage risk and recourse and limit vendor recourse where consideration remains payable.
We advise on:
- bilateral loans, syndicated loans and loan-note structures
- security and inter-creditor documentation and issues
- “certain funds” arrangements for public takeover bids and confirmations needed to make bids
- working capital and ancillary facilities
We are panel lawyers to lenders, venture capital funds and other providers of acquisition finance facilities.
Our team advises vendors on deferred consideration security, loan notes, standstill and priority arrangements.
We act in resolving disputes between creditors and enforcement strategies to maximise recoveries. We also act for a wide range of borrowers to help them structure and put in place finance, source finance and negotiate the terms and documentation.
- acting for funds on their facilities from the European Investment Bank and other fund-raisings
- advising senior and mezzanine debt lenders and ancillary facility providers
- working for several funds across their portfolios on a wide range of investments and loans nationally and regionally
- acting on management buyouts across a wide range of sectors