Banking & Finance | Commercial Finance
We work for the providers of commercial finance services, whether banks, lenders or finance houses. We also advise borrowers and those raising finance.
We advise on:
- commercial loans
- equipment finance including the financing of ships and aircraft
- trade finance, including legal aspects of currency hedging, bills of exchange, letters of credit and debtor insurance products
- interest rate, foreign exchange and commodities hedging, together with other SWAPS and structured derivatives products
We act for various providers of commercial finance and have prepared standard documentation, contract terms and procedures manuals for UK and overseas financiers. We are panel lawyers to banks and other providers of commercial finance facilities to businesses for the documentation of finance facilities and associated security.
Our team acts in resolving disputes before the courts, both directly in connection with commercial finance facilities and also including wider disputes involving assets, land, fraud, asset-tracing and insolvency.
We act for a wide range of borrowers to help them structure and put in place finance, source finance and negotiate the terms and documentation.
- acting for several European airlines on their fleet finance and finance ancillary equipment
- advising London and regional transport networks and operators on bus fleets, train fleets, ticketing and access barriers and other equipment
- working for a UK national fleet-hire company with 14,000 vehicles on their asset finance arrangements with multiple financiers
- acting for a global entertainment company on their stocking finance arrangements with customers and putting in place structures with co-financiers
- helping a Hong Kong-based manufacturer document its loans to customers and take security over stock and other assets in the UK
- advising a national lessor on its leasing and hire purchase documentation
- working with financiers on the financing of a fleet of short-haul and long-haul aircraft, engines and spare parts
- acting for hedge funds, insurers, and others on their interest rate and currency hedging documentation with a wide range of counterparties
- advising a leading regional care provider on unwinding expensive interest-rate SWAPS and release of collateral security
- helping international traders on letters of credit arrangements with global banks
- advising on putting in place invoice discounting facilities across multiple jurisdictions for a global recruitment company