Personal Banking | Consumer Finance
In this regulated area of business we help numerous clients navigate the risk, compliance and regulatory issues associated with the provision of finance to consumers, and act in enforcement of security and in the resolution of associated disputes.
We are panel lawyers for banks and providers of financial services to consumers for the documentation of such finance facilities and associated security.
- consumer credit
- regulated and unregulated mortgages
- private and retail banking
- equipment finance
- asset-backed lending and pawnbroking
- associated retail banking services, including money transfer, payment systems and safe deposits
- manufacturer and retailer product finance
- loans to trust beneficiaries and family members
- advising UK and overseas banks providing residential loans secured on residential property
- acting for lenders providing personal unsecured loan finance
- advising providers of vehicle finance, including hire purchase and leasing services
- advising providers of finance of bespoke medical devices and medical implants
- acting in respect of online and physical asset finance and pawnbroking services, and on payment and money transfer services
- gold and precious metals financing and safe deposit services
- security over share and bond portfolios and cash collateral
We act in resolving disputes before the courts, both directly in consumer finance matters and also in wider disputes involving land, fraud, asset tracing and insolvency. We handle complaints to the Financial Ombudsman Service.